Sunday, August 17, 2008

Why Irish as a language of computation?

One of the primary reasons that I became interested using Irish as a language of computation is the sheer structure of the language, and flexibility of the language. Slightly different concepts could be expressed in slightly different ways. During one part of the project researching the development of a class based system in English I ran into a difficulty comprehending the best structure for the dynamics of class interactions. I then replicated a similar system in Irish and resolved the comprehension difficulties. A little later I got lost in Irish and quickly resolved the problem by updating the English class structure. This gives us two natural languages to work with being mediated by the language of the particular design process under development. In my case it is the mathematics of the Piverse, other's of course will have different areas of consideration.

No comments: